Friday 16 October 2009

Pond autumn walking









Things seen and done on the walk:
1) Mr and Mrs Duck - they were very friendly as were all the ducks and there were a lot! They would have sat on my lap they were so tame. Ducks are one of my favourite animals, I want my own pond with ducks, so cute how can anyone eat them
2) Feeding the many many many birds, most of which were ducks, then we had several pigeons, a coot/moorhen (not sure), gulls and a swan.
3) I met a tame squirrel who reminded me of my pet gerbils, because I am sure he was saying "Is it treats?" I had already donated the bread to the birds, so I threw him a prawn cocktail skip which I'm sure isn't the best thing but he didn't like the smell and didn't eat it anyway.

4 pumpkin seeds:

Frankofile said...

I think ducks like flowing water? You may need a country estate.

Lindsey said...

I could make them a waterfall? Dreaming of having pet ducks now....

Guillaume said...

Love the ducks. Always fun when they are friendly. The other pictures are nice too.

Lindsey said...

Maybe you and Veggiecarrie can see the ducks when you visit, they crowd round very close!

Counter for unique visitors to my blog