Thursday 31 July 2008

Back from the dead...temporarily

You may be surprised to see a new blog entry here. The last blog entry I made was 5 weeks ago! I admit I have given up with blogging, I think because:


1) Nothing interesting has been happening in my life and I don't think it would make entertaining reading to write depressing grumbles all the time

2) Blogging makes me feel like I am talking to myself and heightens my already growing suspicions of madness, although I suppose it helps to show family and friends what I have been up to

3) I've been going through a pure lazy phase


4) I prefer reading other people's blogs and seeing the pictures rather than updating my own


5) I don't feel blogging really achieves anything for me personally, except for staying in touch and I have facebook and email for that




Am I getting into depressing rambling already? Ok, so here's some good stuff then:



1) I have been fighting all year to get on to a Teacher Training course (PGCE in Secondary Religious Studies) starting this September and finally, I am getting somewhere. Just maybe I am slowing crawling out of that dark place of unemployment and a peasant lifestyle...hope it's not too good to be true.


2) I attended both interviews, the first lasted FOUR GRUELLING HOURS !!!!! and was the worst interview you could imagine x 10. Although the two ladies doing the interviewing were really friendly and made jokes to relax us all - it was a group interview. The second interview, at a completely different University, lasted just under 2 hours but is still excrutiatingly long for an interview don't you think!


3) A few days after completing the first interview, I received an offer of a place! I actually did my second interview only today. Right after the interview, they offered me a place there and then! One of the ladies even gave me a hug and seemed really impressed with my performance. I have to be honest, I have truly shocked myself by what I can achieve when I put my mind to it. I have actually achieved the 3rd stepping stone to a career in teaching which is my end goal. The 1st stepping stone was that I managed after trying much harder than I thought I would have to, to get the school work exxperience I needed in order to apply. The 2nd stepping stone was being offered the interviews for the course and you guessed it, the 3rd stepping stone is that I got offered a place on the course I want, twice! I just hope I can make it through the course because it's definitely going to be no easy task. I'm happy I've got this far. You know what though, I'm a bit of a funny one. First I worried that I wouldn't get offered an interview in the first place, then I get an interview and I worry that I'm not going to be good enough. Then I get offered a place at two different Universities and still I panic, this time about which place to pick, if I'm strong enough and tough enough to make it through the course and can I catch up with my subject knowledge...since I didn't do my degree in R.E!!! I find it more interesting than Art in terms of teaching though, so I'm taking a risk and going for what I really want to do. Or am I doing what I really want to do?? Arghhhhh! My poor worrying brain. I should be excited, but I am freaking out aswell as being excited.



4) I will be finally leaving the city I live in now for somewhere much nicer, hurray. Only got a month to move and organise everything though, eek!



5) So, to finish on a good note, as I fear I may have managed to write some bad stuff in the good stuff section after all, here is some pictures of my travels lately:







P.S To add another happy thing to this rather long blog post, here are some pictures of the silly way my gerbils sleep :-)




4 pumpkin seeds:

Veggie Carrie said...

Congratulations!! You should definitely accept the second place, they sound friendlier.

Frankofile said...

I hope you keep blogging. It could be a good record of teaching experiences. But then I guess it would have to be completely anon!!

Dottie said...

Congratulations, Mysterious World. You have guts and determination. Rejoice that two places want you, and put that in your 'Causes for Confidence' mental folder. You'll be a great RE teacher, because that is what you want to do, and the kids will see that. Do keep blogging, even if it is only to put comments on your photos of the gorgeous H&H.

Lindsey said...

Thank you Dottie,it was very nice to read your positive comments.I will try and get back into the habit of blogging. I'm really pleased you think H & H are as cute as I think they are. I'll be posting more photos of them soon :-) I was tempted to write a blog purely on my gerbils because at least I don't have to keep things anonomous with that. I find it frustrating writing blog posts when you have to change names and not reveal places where you have visited/lived etc. I have used Horace & Hermes real names and info :-)

Counter for unique visitors to my blog