Sunday 27 April 2008

How do I shape up as an interior designer?





As I now have my own place (of sorts), I now have the freedom to express a bit of myself through the design of the house. I would paint the walls if I could but since I'm renting I had better not. So, I'm limited to picking what I think are good colours for bed throws, cushions, bath mats, shower curtains, towels and candles etc. All on a tight budget too! I have used a touch of Egyptian colour in that I have mostly stuck to browns, golds and blues. I went to Dunelm recently, which is a large home furnishings store, and they had a large range of beautiful cushions in every colour and style. I was well behaved though and didn't buy any cushions, even though I specifically drove to Dunelm in order to purchase cushions. I just couldn't bring myself to spend the money on them in the end since I am a pauper with no job! Eek! So, as a compromise, I browsed their section of different coloured fake flowers and twigs and then I hand picked a few blue and brown ones to make the arrangement above. The flower shaped lampshade I bought from Ikea, and as with all Ikea things, it came flat-pack so I had to construct it myself which I am proud of. I think it looks beautiful.





4 pumpkin seeds:

Frankofile said...

This looks gorgeous!

Lindsey said...

Thanks :-) I wish I could spend my time just buying stuff for houses and decorating them, it's fun!

Frankofile said...

Just seen another job for you - apparently the country is short of stonemasons. Now there's a thought.

Lindsey said...

hmmmmm i'm not sure about that frankofile

Counter for unique visitors to my blog