Sunday 4 May 2008

ANTS!!!





We have an infestation of ants in our kitchen. It started with a few and now there are hundreds...literally. They have been running around the food cupboards, window sill, kitchen tiles, floor and they cluster a lot around the window frame and washing machine. Just look how many ants are on the upside down Tesco card! I think the ants got in through the gaps in the window because as you can see from the photo, it hasn't been cared for by the landlord! I feel sad and mean killing the ants but it had to be done as there is too many and I'm getting that feeling all the time like they are crawling all over me because there are so many...yuk! I have cleaned the kitchen so many times and have left no food around but the ants are relentless. I hate sharing my home with them :-(

3 pumpkin seeds:

Veggie Carrie said...

Be careful with Horace and Hermes with the ant killer around ....

Frankofile said...

have they gone now?

for lots of ideas (including 'ants don't like cinnamon'!) try http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=5224932

Lindsey said...

at least the ants have got some sense then with yukky cinnamon! good news on the ants front, the ant powder and liquid seemed to the trick...touch wood. Though I've seen the odd one upstairs now, eek! I'm a bit sad we had to kill them

Counter for unique visitors to my blog