Wednesday 28 May 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Well I have finally seen the film that I have been dying to see since I first heard distant whispers of its being made. I have to put this blog post up because I am determined to defend this new interpretation of Indiana Jones. Being a HUGE fan of Indiana Jones from the original trilogy, my opinion could have swayed easily either way. I could have watched the new film and thought that it was rubbish and just couldn't compare to the originals. Or I could have come out thinking that it fits in well with the originals or is a good film in its own right. Happily for me I thought that the latter was true. I was gripped through the whole film and I praise it highly for sticking to the same style of filming. It was a lot of the little things that gave me a smile like the cobwebs floating around everywhere, which features so much in the originals. Or the way Indiana is still precious over his hat, or the way there were a lot of comedy references to the original trilogy, or the way the new film didnt't take itself too seriously. I felt a bit sad that Harrison Ford is much older now because it means watching his character Indiana be older, although they joke about that in the film too. I'm so glad they have made this fourth film and I thought it worked really well having a younger character to balance out the older Indy. I was also happy to see the character of Marion back too because she is my favourite of the women in all the films. I'm very tired now as it's past my bedtime as I have smelly work tomorrow so in all honesty I can't write my little film review properly but after reading people saying that they thought the Crystal Skull lacked plot blah blah blah I had to rush to its defense!!! :-) Overall, I thought it was very watchable and yes, while I could pick a few flaws, it was for the majority a lot of fun.

2 pumpkin seeds:

Frankofile said...

I love all the details you watch for. Floating cobwebs - I can see that might scare some people!

Lindsey said...

I know those films inside out so it was nice to be able to compare and contrast! Its funny cuz normally Himself watches films and finds things funny because he knows all the in-jokes whereas I don't, he used to explain cuz I dont watch old films. Adrian does that too, he has to fill me in on why something's funny! So it's nice to finally get the in-jokes without having them explained. I didn't mind the cobwebs but if they were really infront of me I would! eek.I wouldn't sit on a bench earlier cuz it was cobwebby.

Counter for unique visitors to my blog