Saturday 1 March 2008

Glove Man

I have named this little creature Glove Man. My sister's husband surprised us all at the pub with this treat. He started off life from 2 black gloves (Glove man, that is, not my sister's husband!) and from only folding the gloves over eachother in a marvelous way, he presented an extraordinary puppet of what looks to me like a little man in a turban. I thought it was brilliant! What do you think? Maybe it's just a case of simple things please simple minds, hehe. Sadly the video quality doesn't do it justice so I will have to get a clearer one sometime.

8 pumpkin seeds:

Guillaume said...

never thought my voice could be so horrible. yet, I really liked Glove Man, so I'll try tpo give him life more foten and make him say something more coherent.

Frankofile said...

maybe something you can use next week (the teacher's pet??)

foten?

Guillaume said...

It works better with those gloves we used to have back then in Québec (and which are still easily available there). They were small enough. Anyway, I might post a few blog entries with Mr. Glove Man myself.

PJ said...

You can make a bunny with a similar technique using those "magic gloves" too. This brings back memories of, I think, 1988. Or is it 1987? They were all the rage in the elementary school yard.

Veggie Carrie said...

I requested the bunny, but G couldn't remember how to make it!

Guillaume said...

Yes, how do you make a bunny again? I remember the name "gants magiques". They were easy to find, and cheap. They are still easy to find and cheap, although maybe not as popular as back then. They never really kept the hands warm.

PJ said...

To make the bunny, you have to invert the middle finger so that the adjacent two form ears, and you grab the rest of the glove with your thumb and little finger, I think.

Lindsey said...

I would love to see the bunny glove! I hope someone can show me what the bunny looks like soon :-)

Counter for unique visitors to my blog