Monday 17 March 2008

The Mark of Cain

The Mark of Cain
One-off drama about British soldiers in Iraq, focusing on two lifelong friends as they face complex situations and make instant moral judgements during their first tour of duty. Originally hoping to return home with tales of heroism, the men are permanently affected by what they see, and find their lives changed irrevocably. Starring Gerard Kearns, Matthew McNulty, Leo Gregory and Shaun Dooley

Description copied from TV Guide UK TV Listings. Channel 4


I watched the end half of this program and I was very disturbed by what I saw. I would put pictures up but it would be too graphic and they may be copywrite protected anyway. There were gruesome torture scenes and extreme violence but I was horrified and fascinated at the same time. I felt sickened watching the things that might have happened to prisoners in real life and no matter what crimes they may or may not have done, I just cannot justify such evil behaviour. Although obviously the program was only acting, it is in part based on truth. It even caused a heated debate between myself and the other half! We both have very different viewpoints even though we both strongly disagree that such treatment is acceptable of prisoners. I suppose it is hard to make a proper judgement since I have not myself been a soldier.

0 pumpkin seeds:

Counter for unique visitors to my blog